Monday, January 26, 2015

An Activity Day Christmas

Monday again?  Is anyone else surprised?  I think I am every week!

Okay...okay...I know that we're all over Christmas by now.  But I did this project with our Activity Day girls in December, and I couldn't just leave it out!  I love my calling with these girls.  We have so much fun!





So this is what we made, as a little reminder of the reason for the season.  It's a Bible made of Hershey's Treasures candies!  I found the idea here. If you click on the link, it will take you to my Pin of it, and then you can go to the website through my pin.  I have not included the printable that is shown in this picture, so I would refer you to that website if you would like to use it.




This is what you need:
Hershey's Treasures Candies
Black Cardstock
Red embroidery floss or ribbon
The Printable
Elmer's glue & a glue stick




Luckily, the process is pretty self-explanatory. I paired up all the candies from the bag to see how many I would have (and, of course, to eat the odd one out...haha!).  You don't have to glue the two together.  Just glue both of them next to each other on the black cardstock (which you have cut to size, leaving a little extra on the edges to look like the cover of a Bible) with the Elmer's glue.  Don't forget to glue the piece of red embroidery floss to the cardstock first.  The end of it should be sandwiched in between the cardstock and the candy.  Then use the glue stick to glue the printable right on top!

They turned out so cute!  The girls made some for themselves to give out to family and friends, and then we made more to send in a care package to a Sister Missionary friend.

Sadly, I didn't get to be at the Activity when the girls made them.  I had all three children at home with pink eye...so my partner in crime (aka: my AMAZING Assistant Activity Days Leader), Connie, ran the activity for me that night.  She said the girls had so much fun!  So I'll take her word for it.  All I know is: the ones I sent out the the Sister were really cute!

 Well, I'm off to go cuddle my two sick children. (Seriously....what is with this winter and sickness???  This is too much.)

Wishing the rest of you a happy (and healthy) Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment